MindScape is a method that enables one to access creative and intuitive states, and tap into powerful faculties not normally so accessible to our everyday life state of mind. It confers various benefits, including encouraging creative thinking, the ability to engage intuition at will, understand oneself and others better, and enhance BodyTalk and other skills. Participants have used the techniques and benefits of MindScape very successfully in all walks of life.
MindScape was developed as a system that can be easily learnt by anyone by Dr John Veltheim in the early 90s, drawing on his extensive experience of different systems of mind dynamics. The basic technique was taught as part of the Life Management weekend workshop, and this was later developed to produce what is today the MindScape workshop. Today there is also an Advanced MindScape course, as well as specialized MindScape courses.
The method employed in MindScape draws on the fact that it is possible to tap into the powerful creative and intuitive faculties of the mind by accessing a mental state based in alpha brainwave activity. The participant is led to create a mental framework called the Workshop, which effectively serves as an interface for engaging the different intuitive faculties, just as the icons on a computer screen enable the user to engage or switch on different programs. This offers great benefits and open vast possibilities for every aspect of life or work, and is also a powerful tool for personal development. Practice produces relaxing states and stimulates a process of de-stressing of body and mind. The techniques also allow insight into one’s individual process, the workings of the subconscious, conditioning and paradigm limitations and the true nature of what we are capable of achieving. Most importantly, MindScape provides the practical tools for tapping into this potential.
MindScape compliments BodyTalk as it expands powerful possibilities for practitioners, even with other systems and modalities. By enhancing the practitioner’s intuition, sense of mental focus and intent, and opening more ‘right brain thinking’, it paves the way for more powerful links and treatments. Furthermore, by dovetailing the skills learnt in the MindScape course, the practitioner can effectively carry out distance sessions. It also becomes easier to address a specific age of the client, dimension of activity or a component such as organ or body part right down to cellular levels or less tangible systems such as aspects and concepts. The techniques of MindScape also facilitate interaction with animals, plants and other life forms, and are hence ideal for students of Animal Talk, PlantTalk and EarthTalk or anyone working in related fields.
MindScape is taught in two full days by Certified MindScape Instructors, and includes a detailed manual. The course is both instructional and experiential, with the Instructor teaching the techniques and then leading the audience through hands-on practice. MindScape makes for a fascinating weekend workshop, and many participants attest to it as being one of the most interesting courses they have attended. It can be learnt by anyone, with no experience or pre-requisites necessary for attending the course.
Topics covered in the workshop include:
- Mind functions – the different functions of the mind and their relation to creativity and intuition
- States of mind: the states of mind open to us, how to relax the body and the mind, and learning to engage a state that is particularly conducive to creative and intuitive faculties
- Creating the MindScape Workshop: the participant is led to create their own unique conceptual framework, which then serves as a powerful interface for the mind’s intuitive abilities as well as a tool for personal development
- The Guides: discovering and interacting with the male and female archetypes unique to each participant, another very powerful self growth tool
- The Screen of the Mind: a technique for mobilizing the powerful subconscious mind towards manifesting affirmations and goals
- Creativity: using the MindScape method to encourage creativity and innovative thought, useful for art, problem-solving and so on
- Sports and physical training: an introduction to using mental techniques to sharpen sports performance and enhance physical training
- Healing: a way to help healing using the MindScape method
- Tuning in to Animals: through the MindScape Workshop, participants learn to tune in to animals in an intuitive and experiential way
- Tuning in to persons: by learning to do the same with people, one can immensely enhance his/her understanding of others, improve interactive relationships and healing procedures
- The Mental Scanning: A practical demonstration where the participant learns to intuitively tune in to any person at different perceptual levels. This technique employed by medical intuitives is immensely useful for BodyTalk practitioners, therapists, and so on. The Scanning is surprisingly easy to learn, with all participants being given the opportunity to practice the technique.